Moapa Band of Paiutes
is now hiring a Full-Time
Pay depends on experience
Covid 19 VACCINATION IS REQUIRED prior to application.
Position open until filled
The IT Technician maintains all IT equipment and infrastructure of the various departments of the Moapa Band of Paiutes. This includes troubleshooting of all IT related equipment such as PCs, printers, POS systems, and other end user devices. IT Support Technician is responsible for the stability of all IT infrastructure, updating local area networks, and ensuring IT infrastructure meets industry best practices and applicable laws and regulations of the various departments in the Tribe. My involve working multiple days in satellite offices in Las Vegas. The position will also support multiple buildings and departments on the Reservation and off Reservation locations. This position reports to the IT Department Manager.
- Set-up, update, and maintain all computers in the organization.
- Troubleshoot clients’ PCs, printers, scanner, and POS terminals.
- Assists all tribal programs and businesses with computer and software needs.
- Revamp and standardize existing IT infrastructure and recommends IT solutions.
- Follows up with credit card system issues for all retail locations.
- Assists in training cashiers for the POS systems, truck stop check procedures, credit card procedures.
- Assists with Travel Plaza and Tribal Store inventories.
- Is available by phone when not physically on premise.
- Assist with website management
- Catalogs and summarizes daily Work Order Requests and plans next day with IT Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of inventory computer systems, particularly Fiscal and Nucleus POS Systems.
- Knowledge of inventory principles and practices.
- Understanding of basic computer/network concepts and terms.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining network printers.
- Ability to manage multiple customer requests simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize work based on department and production objectives
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable communicating in person and via phone/radio with peers, managers, and vendors.
- Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must possess a valid Driver License.
- Must be insurable through tribal insurance.
- Must pass pre-employment alcohol/drug screening.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation.
- Must pass Comprehensive background investigation.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Knowledge of Apple/Mac system a plus.
- Must be vaccinated for Covid19.
Indian Preference Per Section 703(i) of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended