Heavy Equipment Operator / Estimator
Moapa Band of Paiutes is now hiring Heavy Equipment Operator / Estimator.
$31.00-$38.00/hour - Pay depends on experience
COVID 19 vaccination is required prior to application.
Position open until filled
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Sand & Gravel Manager, the Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Heavy equipment may include trucks, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, backhoe, excavators, compactors, water truck, and other pieces of equipment.
1. Operate heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life.
2. Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
3. Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required.
4. Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored.
5. Advise the Project Manager of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
6. Practice workplace safety.
7. Spotting for equipment operators.
8. Manual labor as instructed.
9. Support other project team members, as required.
10. Other duties, as assigned.
· Must be certified to operate heavy equipment.
· Must be over 21 years of age.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Must have minimum OSHA 10 Construction Safety Certification.
· Must be dependable
· Must be able to work independently.
· Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions of supervisor.
· Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships.
· Must possess a valid Driver License.
· Must be insurable through tribal insurance.
· Must be Covid19 vaccinated
· Must pass a pre-employment alcohol/drug screening.
Indian Preference Per Section 703(i) of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended