Ready to go above and beyond to shape a new healthcare experience?
If you have a gift for getting things done without being told what to do…if you don't know the words 'not my patient' or 'not my responsibility' and if listening, solving problems, and providing quality customer service come naturally to you, you'll fit right in at Hancock Health Gateway. Join the team and help us provide care that's friendly, personal, and easy to access-just what health care should be.
At Hancock Health Gateway, you'll be empowered to provide a new standard of health care, centered on what patients want and need. And you'll do it in a fast-paced but friendly environment. Here, every team member, no matter their role, is equally responsible for creating, leading, and managing a high-quality patient experience. Whether your expertise is in the lab or patient care, we want our Gateway staff to take ownership of all aspects of service. To us, going above and beyond means providing high-quality healthcare, assisting patients with the registration and check-in process, having a conversation, and creating a lasting impression-even making a cup of coffee for a guest when needed.
Responsible for the efficient and accurate scheduling and registration of all patients requiring and/or requesting services from Hancock Health Gateway Services. Advocate will also initiate price estimations to ensure patient is fully informed of financial responsibilities.
The Patient Services Health Advocate is responsible for assisting patients and/or families to access financial resources. The Health Advocate assists in social services with guidance to those patients who may qualify for assistance through state, county, and federal programs. The Advocate is also available to patients and families to answer questions regarding their insurance and to aid them in ensuring prior authorization for services is obtained.
- Demonstrated communication skills to effectively communicate with patients and patients' families.
- Demonstrated reading skills to interpret instructions, manuals, insurance information, physician instructions and patient correspondence.
- Demonstrated math skills to calculate patient bills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
- Operational knowledge of telephones, fax machines, postage machines, and other office equipment.
- Demonstrated oral communication skills needed to develop patient rapport and ability to independently address patient needs as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability in handling patient confidentiality.
- Ability to work with peers in a team situation and create a positive work environment for team members.
- Demonstrate a functional and technical understanding of applicable scheduling and billing software, Intranet and Internet usage, Excel/Word software, E-mail Usage and Web-based applications. Required to check e-mail daily and use as a source of internal and external communication. Required to understand and utilize electronic medical record technology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current resources and programs to assist the patient's needs for financial resources
- Demonstrates ability to act with sensitivity as a patient advocate
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following list describes the essential duties of this role. Individuals in this role may perform additional, related duties not listed here.
- Assist appropriate patients and families to explore options for financial assistance for medical services with referral to Social Services when appropriate
- Interacts with patients in a warm friendly manner showing respect and courteousness
- Enter data into systems accurately, completely and timely
- Obtain necessary insurance information
- Answer questions regarding insurance coverage, billing, payment, and/or collection arrangements.
- Verify patient insurance eligibility
- Determine appropriate monies owed and due from patients
- Follow up with appropriate patients and families for financial assistance needs
- Meet with patients to discuss estimated costs of services
- Work closely with patients and patient financial services to resolve account balance issues and establish payment plans
- Obtains needed prior insurance authorization for diagnostic tests
- Develops appropriate templates of charges by care regimen to assist patients.
- Assist in disability and medical necessity forms to assist patients
- Participates in all departmental and organizational meetings
|Hancock Regional Hospital serves Hancock County and the surrounding areas as a full-service community hospital focused on primary care, patient comfort, and convenience.
Today, a highly skilled medical and professional nursing staff anchors Hancock Regional Hospital. We have a state-of-the-art surgery department, 24-hour emergency services, OB services, progressive and critical care, a geropsychology unit, home healthcare, occupational health, a transitional care unit, a total oncology program with a cutting-edge radiation oncology center, many private rooms, and a full complement of Inpatient and outpatient services.
Our Mission is to be a Caring Community Partner by healing, improving health and wellness, alleviating suffering, and delivering acts of kindness one person at a time.