Extinguisher Maintenance Technician
Fire Equipment Inc. is looking for an Extinguisher Maintenance Technician to join our team in Hyannis, MA. The Technician will primarily be responsible for testing and filling portable fire extinguishers and staging work orders for our Fire Sprinkler and Pre-Engineered Systems Technicians. We’re looking for a highly motivated, independent worker to join our team.
- Testing fire extinguishers to ensure they meet code requirements.
- Filling fire extinguishers and other fire suppression tanks.
- Stage work orders for field technicians, ensuring accuracy of parts needed and that materials are ready for customer appointments.
- Receive stock and inventory.
- Assist with counter sales as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three years’ related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Capable of lifting, pushing, pulling, and/or carrying up to 75lbs
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Basic math and counting skills required
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to follow basic safety procedures and precautions to help maintain a safe work environment
- Basic understanding of fire safety industry (fire alarms, sprinklers, etc.) preferred
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Package
- Disability & Life Insurance Package
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
Fire Equipment Inc. is a full service life safety company. Since 1928, we have led the way in the fire protection industry providing inspections, installation, design and repairs. We provide our services to a wide range of industries throughout the New England area. We invest heavily in infrastructure, technology and education to provide our customers with the best and most cost effective solutions in the industry. FEI is a third generation family owned and operated company. As such, FEI understands that open communication with both clients and employees is paramount. Clients and employees alike are considered to be part of the FEI family. Our employees take extreme pride in carrying out the company’s mission: to provide total life safety solutions protecting lives, valuable assets, and property.
Fire Equipment Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.