Motor Equipment OperatorCITY OF SCOTTSBLUFF
Description of the Job:
The Motor Equipment Operator will perform routine work in the operation of a truck or other light automotive equipment including any attached mechanical equipment. This individual will be expected to safely and skillfully operate and maintain any assigned equipment. The Motor Equipment Operator will also be required to perform heavy manual labor in the completion of work assigned to the Transportation Division. This individual receives direct supervision from the Transportation Supervisor or the Director of Public Works.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Operate a street sweeper, trucks and any included attachments, power tools, mowers, tractors, and hand tools needed to perform assignments;
- Perform manual labor associated with the repair and maintenance of the City streets and alleys, including cleaning catch basins, replacing cement, crack filling, installing traffic signs, removing trees, applying
- paint marking, clearing snow and application of material to unsurfaced roadways;
- Mix, pour and finish concrete work including construction of forms;
- Assist in special projects such as paint striping, production and installation of traffic signs, installation of Christmas decorations, and cleaning of catch basins;
- Perform routine maintenance on all equipment which may be assigned including following a daily checklist and following directions in the operators manual;
- Operate dump trucks and plow trucks with sander attachment on assigned routes for the departments snow removal program;
- Train on and provide back-up for operating heavy equipment such as loaders;
- Install and remove snow fence;
- Perform routine manual labor as required;
- Assist in the loading and unloading of all types of materials;
- Supervise other employees on specific jobs when assigned;
- Assist with training others in the operation of equipment;
- Perform maintenance on city owned buildings;
- Regular attendance and punctuality required;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, and tools used in general maintenance of public works facilities.
- Ability to deal in a positive manner with the general public and with co-workers.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds with the ability to lift lesser weights repetitively.
- Ability to walk, sit, stand, lift, bend, twist, stoop, climb, kneel, crawl, reach, push, pull, talk, hear, and perform a variety of physical activities needed to accomplish the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings as required in addition to the normal work schedule. This includes responding to emergency return to work assignments.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions when required.
Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m., Friday, September 20, 2019.